This documentary series is a story about individuals born with, lived with, and still living with cleft/cleft palate. For decades the story of individuals born with cleft/cleft palate has been misrepresented as people suffering with a disability, and people who are not able to live without assistance.
The purpose of this documentary is to identify the heroes, and the success stories of people born with cleft/cleft so that young children, adolescents, and adults who have lost hope, lost belief in themselves, and those with broken souls. The purpose is to restore confidence and to re-write the narrative to positively influence others so that they too can become a success story.
Your story can inspire thousands of people; all it takes is one unique story to share to influence one unique person. Make your story the Inspiration for Someone’s Hope today.
1. Write your story detailing your birth story, childhood stage, becoming aware of the challenge stage, breakthrough stage and overcoming stage. Page length must be less than 5 pages using font size 12, Times New Roman font, 1.5 line spacing; Submit only in PDF Format
2. With your write up story, please send a recorded video less than a minute to 1 minute long telling us why your story should be selected. Please send a YouTube or Vimeo link to the video and not the video file; make sure your link works
3. In the same document please identify your age, current city location and province, and current occupation
4. Send/submit your PDF document and video link to email@example.com
5. Deadline for submission is May 15, 2019
6. Please allow 3 to 4 weeks to go through the Selection Process
7. Please note, if your story is not selected, this does not mean that your story is not important or not worthy to be shared. It just means that at the point of the selection process we can only go with a certain number
8. Our team will contact you if your story is selected
9. You must be above Age 25 years old living and/or working in Canada
WHAT YOU GET
Your story will be published as an editorial piece in the next issue of NEXT BIG THING CANADA