At Next Big Thing, we’re looking for people who are interested to build something special. Working with Next Big Thing can be challenging but also rewarding. We celebrate creativity, innovation and the entrepreneurship mindset.
When we receive your resume + cover letter and you have been picked as a selected candidate, we'll contact you.
We are based in Ottawa, Ontario. Selected candidates need to be a resident, and currently living in Ottawa. When you are invited for an interview, you will be asked questions that range from skills, interests, goals, experiences including other questions that apply to the position you're applying. You may then have an interview with the Editor-In-Charge. The entire face-to-face interview process may take 30 minutes to 1 hour.
What happens next
After your interview, we’ll decide how to proceed and we'll let you know if you’ve been selected to fill the position. If successful there will be a second interview. We are looking for individuals who want to build something special with our company.
You'll be required to:
- Conduct Interviews
- Write articles based on the interviews, and research conducted
- Applicant must have a Communication/Journalism background, either academic qualifications or 1 - 2 years working experience in communication and/or journalism
- Applicant must have an excellent skill in written grammar and verbal communication
- Applicant must be interested in information research, interviewing and have a passion searching for information
- Applicant must be involved in journalism, conducted interviews x written editorial content related to film/TV, Music, electronic gaming and technology
- Applicant MUST be living in the Ottawa city region
- Applicant should have a keen interest in following current news
This is strictly for sending ONLY application documents. Kindly send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com